G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time staff engineers with three months to four years of demonstrated experience for its Geotechnical Engineering Department. Staff engineers perform and coordinate field inspections and investigations under the supervision of a project engineer or project manager. Principal duties will consist of geotechnical design project coordination, laboratory testing, construction observation, and report preparation.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with coursework emphasis in geo-sciences, or related degree;
- Preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT);
- Three months to four years of demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Assist and perform laboratory testing work under the direction of a senior engineer/technician.
Company-paid health insurance
Dental and Vision Plans
401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs