G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time senior staff engineers with two to five years of demonstrated experience for its Geotechnical Engineering Department. Senior staff engineers perform geotechnical analysis and coordinate field inspections and investigations under supervision of a project engineer project manager, including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities. Principal duties will consist of monitoring construction operations, including earthwork, dewatering, and excavation support installations and preparing engineering field reports.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with coursework emphasis in geo-sciences, or related degree;
- Preferred: Engineer in Training (EIT);
- Two to five years of demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Inspect test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, and install and read geotechnical instrumentation.
- Perform a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software.
- Preparation of technical proposals, cost estimates, plans, technical specifications, and reports.
- Assist and perform laboratory testing work under the direction of a senior engineer/technician.
Company-paid health insurance
Dental and Vision Plans
401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs