G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time project engineers with five to eight years of demonstrated experience for its Geotechnical Engineering Department. Project engineers coordinate field inspections and investigations including on-site direction of geotechnical drilling activities, as needed.
Principal duties will consist of:
- Inspecting test borings, test pits, monitoring wells, and installing and reading geotechnical instrumentation;
- Conducting laboratory and field testing of soils;
- Performing a variety of engineering analyses and calculations, with and without the use of engineering software;
- Preparing technical proposals, cost estimates, plans technical specifications, and reports, including day-to-day correspondence;
- Developing and presenting project-specific or technical presentations to clients, technical organizations, and in-house staff;
- Coordinating construction quality control services; conducting periodic site visits, and reviewing daily field reports prepared by others.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering with coursework emphasis in geo-sciences, or related degree;
- Preferred: Masters of Science degree in Civil Engineering
- Five to eight years of demonstrated experience in geotechnical engineering;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner.
- Organize technical material into comprehensive reports, as well as, perform QA/QC reviews on work product.
- Project planning, budgeting, task delegation and management to ensure project is completed according to work plans.
- Project Administration, including invoicing and collections.
- Demonstrated ability to seek and establish new clients and build good business relationship with both new and current clients.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in mentoring and leading junior staff.
Company-paid health insurance
Dental and Vision Plans
401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs