G2 Consulting Group is looking for geotechnical engineering interns primarily during the summer construction season and/or during the school year. Geotechnical engineering interns perform laboratory testing, construction observation and testing, and report preparation within the geotechnical engineering services group. Testing duties include earthwork, foundation, concrete, steel, masonry, paving, and other construction materials at construction sites and in our labs. Interns work closely with project managers and other staff members to ensure timely, quality work. #smartresultsfast
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Must be working toward a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering or related field;
- Preferred Certifications: Nuclear Density, ACI, ICC, MDOT;
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications;
- Understanding of basic engineering concepts;
- Basic computer skills and a solid knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Observe construction activities to ensure conformance with project specifications.
- Complete and submit daily field reports.
- Perform routine tasks, tests, and computations associated with construction materials testing and field observations under the supervision of the project engineer or project manager.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Assist and perform laboratory testing work under the direction of a senior engineer/technician.