G2 Consulting Group is looking for full-time construction engineering technicians to join our team. Construction engineering technicians perform construction observation and testing, laboratory testing, and report preparation within the construction engineering services group. Testing duties include earthwork, foundation, concrete, steel, masonry, paving, and other construction materials at construction sites and in our labs. Technicians work closely with project managers and other staff members to ensure timely, quality work. #smartresultsfast
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum High School diploma, or equivalent;
- Preferred: Associates Degree in Concrete Technology, or Civil Technology, or a minimum of three years related experience;
- Preferred Certifications: Nuclear Density, ACI, ICC, MDOT;
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications;
- Understanding of basic engineering concepts;
- Basic computer skills and a solid knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record;
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.;
- Ability to stand for long periods of time;
- Willingness to work outside.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends, and travel requiring out of town, overnight stays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Observe construction activities to ensure conformance with project specifications.
- Complete and submit daily field reports.
- Perform routine tasks, tests, and computations associated with construction materials testing and field observations under the supervision of the project engineer or project manager.
- Independently operate relevant equipment.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects for multiple project managers within budgets and deadlines.
- Assist and perform laboratory testing work under the direction of a senior engineer/technician.
Company-paid health insurance
Dental and Vision Plans
401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs