G2 Consulting Group is looking for a CAD Technician to work in its Troy, Michigan office. A new position for G2, the candidate must be a self-starter with the ability to develop drafting standards for the company moving forward. The candidate must work well in a fast-paced, high-demand environment. Potential to work remotely will be considered after an initial period of one year. #smartresultsfast
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Associate’s Degree in AutoCAD Drafting, or a minimum of three years of AutoCAD experience;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, Civil 3D, and Microstation, and have the ability to learn to software programs;
- AutoCAD competence is a must;
- Ability to read and understand construction plans and specifications;
- Understanding of basic engineering concepts;
- Understanding of drafting standards;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader, and Excel is required;
- Basic computer skills and a solid knowledge of basic mathematics;
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills;
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated;
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Draft and produce clear, complete, and accurate site plans, engineered drawings, and amendments.
- Create company drafting standards.
- Meet with project managers and design engineers to obtain required information for layout of drawings.
- Meet project objectives, requirements, and manage constraints.
- Contribute to quality and integrity of product.
- Maintain accuracy and pay close attention to detail.
- Company-paid health insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Short-term Disability
- Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
- Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
- Profit Sharing