G2 Consulting Group is proud to announce the promotion of Jennifer M. Casey, P.E. from Senior Project Engineer to her new position as Project Manager. Jen joined G2’s geotechnical engineering team as a Staff Engineer in January 2000 after completing her bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering at Lawrence Technical University. She continued her education while working at G2 and ultimately earned her master’s in Civil Engineering, also at Lawrence Tech. Later, Jen was promoted to a Project Engineer and subsequently to her most recent position as a Senior Project Engineer
During her time at G2, Jen has consistently demonstrated her engineering acumen through her efforts on more than 1,000 projects where she provided geotechnical engineering and quality control services. Her more recent projects include geotechnical investigations for the FCA paint shop additions at the Mack Avenue Plant and Warren Truck Assembly Plant, geotechnical designs for numerous MDOT bridge projects, and mass concrete temperature modeling and monitoring for the GLWA Lake Huron Water Treatment Plant raw sludge clarifiers.
In her new role, Jen will be reviewing geotechnical reports, training staff, overseeing projects at the highest-level of management, and serving as the main point of contact with many valued G2 clients. We are incredibly excited for Jen and know that she is going to knock it out of the park. Congratulations, Jen!
G2 Consulting Groups is looking for a responsible Administrative Assistant to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks in our Troy office. Duties of the Administrative Assistant include providing support to our project managers and staff, assisting in daily office needs and managing our company’s general administrative activities.
Administrative Assistant responsibilities include making meeting arrangements, preparing reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems. The ideal candidate should have excellent oral and written communication skills and be able to organize their work using tools, like Word, Excel, and office equipment. If you also have previous experience as a Secretary or Executive Administrative Assistant and familiarity within the Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, a successful Administrative Assistant should ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of our Troy office.
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Organize and schedule appointments
- Write and distribute email, correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
- Develop and maintain a filing system
- Order office supplies
- Maintain contact lists
- Book travel arrangements
- Submit and reconcile expense reports
- Provide general support to visitors
- Organize occasional employee and client social events
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant, or office admin assistant. Experience in the A/E/C industry a plus.
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Working knowledge of office equipment, like printers, and fax machines
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office including Word, Excel, and PDF editors.
- Experience writing, editing, and preparing final documents.
- Provide administrative support to the department, including scheduling and coordinating meetings and projects.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- High School degree
Click here to apply now!
G2 Consulting Group is looking for a full-time solar geotechnical technician specialist to join our team in Ann Arbor, MI. The solar geotechnical technician specialist performs observation and testing related to the development of solar energy projects. Most work will be performed outdoors at sites across the country. On-site work will include soil boring observation, test pit excavation, logging and sample collection, pile (post foundation) load testing, electrical resistivity testing, and thermal resistivity testing. Projects will require the technician to travel extensively, generally 1 to 2 weeks at a time. Project frequency will vary, but multiple projects may occur consecutively. Technician will work closely with project managers and other engineers to ensure timely, quality work.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum High School diploma, or equivalent
- Ability to read and understand testing specifications
- Ability to follow directions closely
- Basic computer skills and a solid knowledge of basic mathematics
- Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
- Strong prioritization, coordination and matrix management skills, self-directed and self-motivated
- Good administrative and time management skills with keen attention to detail;
- Must have a valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance and have an excellent driving record
- Ability to lift up to 150 lbs. multiple times throughout the day
- Ability to use hand tools, saws and drills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Willingness to work outside in hot and cold weather conditions
- Willingness to work with construction equipment (generally drill rig and backhoe)
- Ability to work overtime and weekends, and travel (drive or fly) out of town with overnight stays
Responsibilities and Duties
- Represent G2 in a professional manner on assigned construction sites.
- Complete and submit field test reports
- Perform routine tasks, tests, and computations associated with testing and field observations on proposed solar sites under the supervision of the project engineer or project manager
- Independently operate relevant equipment
- Must be able to work on multiple projects within budgets and deadlines
- Perform and assist with field and laboratory testing under the direction of an engineer
Company-paid health insurance
Dental and Vision Plans
401(k) Plan with matching contributions up to 5% of salary
Paid Vacation and Personal Time Off
Education and Professional Licensing Assistance Programs
Mark Stapleton P.E., project manager at G2 Consulting Group, will speak at the 2020 MDOT-ACEC Partnering Workshop on a panel discussion titled “Improve your design of Temporary Earth Retention Systems (TERS) & Bring your A-GAME to Subsurface Exploration.”
The annual MDOT-ACEC event typically attracts 600+ attendees from the Michigan Department of Transportation as well as other public and private entities actively involved in building and maintaining the state’s infrastructure. The event will be held Thursday, February 6, 2020 at the Lansing Center.
Stapleton brings his more than 30 years of geotechnical engineering experience to the conversation which will introduce MDOT’s new manual for design of cofferdams, sheet pile walls and soldier pile walls. Stapleton’s comments are geared toward the highly technical audience and will include explanation of the manual’s key points as well as practical advice and industry best practices to meet the new criteria. Joining Mark on stage are MDOT representatives Dick Endres and Ryan Snook and Dr. Stan Vitton, a civil and environmental engineering professor from Michigan Tech University.
“As with any technical manual, the devil is in the details,” said Stapleton. “Through this panel, my colleagues and I hope to clearly communicate the most important aspects of the manual while offering practical suggestions for real-world implementations.”
For more information on the MDOT-ACEC Partnering Workshop, please visit https://web.acecmi.org/events/2020-MDOTACEC-Partnering-Workshop-Reception-154/details.
Mark Stapleton (right) with MITA Executive Vice President & Secretary Mike Nystrom (left).
Mark Stapleton P.E., project manager at G2 Consulting Group, has been named as an associate to the Michigan Infrastructure and Transportation Association’s (MITA) board of directors for a two year term.
In this role, Stapleton will offer his 30+ years of geotechnical engineering insights to the MITA board and its 500 member companies. MITA is Michigan’s premier statewide construction trade association representing construction disciplines such as road and bridge, sewer and water, utility, railroad, excavation and specialty construction throughout the state.
“I’m honored to be joining the MITA board at such a critical juncture for Michigan’s infrastructure,” said Stapleton. “MITA’s board includes individuals from a wide array of public and private entities, men and women who have the collective expertise and dedication to help Michigan renovate and enhance its infrastructure in the most efficient and cost effective manner possible.”
Stapleton joined G2 Consulting Group in 2001. His work at G2 includes geotechnical and geo-engineering projects including complex earth retention systems, deep foundations and drilled piers, harbors and waterways, storm water and sewer, and all manner of road and bridge projects. Earlier in his career, Stapleton was with the United States Army Corps of Engineers where he was involved in a number of major civil works projects and helped develop a comprehensive Soo Locks analysis called “Connecting Channels.”